Friday, April 16, 2010

No Air

I gasp...gasp...breathe...in, out, say it with me "W-U-S-A"...turning blue, pale, dropping to the ground, tearing down the walls, scratching, kicking, help!...no air!

This exterior fools you, so you treat it like you see it. Have you no fear? No compassion? No emotions? No love? No air?!

You build me up and break me down, I let you, I watch you, I indulge you...gasping!

You throw the keys in flames! In silence I watch a montage of my life go ablaze. You won't bother explaining, why?

I switch it up. Like a new outfit, I present buki, but you strangle her. I bring afrikim, but you show no mercy.

Kim, natalie, ceci, temi...what the fuck do u want? Wigs? Heels? Shorts? Leather? What? Nothing pleases you...still I clutch to this hope of some...air! *gasp*

Can't you see? Have you no clue?! Will you just look...into these eyes and see the suffering! The suffocation! The tears!

Will you turn your back? Leave me on my knees? Carelessly sway across my pool of tears? Like wetness to your feet, are you comforted by my dilemma? Does it make you happy?...*gasp*



I let out a last sigh, shamelessly falling to your feet...your name dances off my tongue like it saved the best for last. You sneer...and walk away...yet? *gasp*

It is a humbling experience, I look back and see those who long for me, yet...I tread your grounds, walking this endless trail, thirsty, hungry...air-less!

My pulse increases. Slows down. Faster, slower, irregular...*silence*

Are you happy now? You killed me, you took my breathe away...usurping every evidence of life in me...and ride off on your high horse...I lay there, breathless...I lay there, lifeless, and for the first time, I see the beauty in these open eyes.

I trusted you to tell it to me, I wanted to see myself in you, I wanted to give it all, oh wait...I did. Now gravity calls as I sink to my demise.
No air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness your words are beautiful..you remind me of me when I'm sensitive and choose to be flowery!sage